Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

When the person appointed as trustee in a will is also a

Customer Question

When the person appointed as trustee in a will is also a beneficiary, and he collects on personal property, example (life insurance) and deposits the amount into his account, without letting the other beneficiaries aware of this, what legal action can be taken to resolve this?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is/was there a probate opened in court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dwayne, all of the property states in the will to be divided between myself and my two brothers. My youngest brother was appointed as the trustee, with that said what is his responsibility to us?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

There is no responsibility just because he is named as the trustee or executor in the will. TO know what duties or responsibilities he might have I need to know whether a probate has been opened and the will recognized by the court?