RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My mother passed away three years ago this January 8th. She

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my mother passed away three years ago this January 8th. She had a small amount of money in the bank under 2 grand. I was told that I could fill out an estate notice but since she had services then mo health net division would just take it. I don't have a lot of money so her funeral services put me in a bind that I still haven't fully recovered from. I really could use the money.
Thanks,
Chad
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.Here you can claim the funds by small estate affidavit.If the Mo health net folks would have to try and get it from you.Likely they just close out the debt here.This is how you lay claim to it here inder Missouri law..

Forms here.

http://www.courts.mo.gov/hosted/circuit11/Documents/SMALL%20ESTATE%20AFFIDAVIT.pdf

I would file this with the court and see if they try to claim it .They may well not fool with it, this is a small sum.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Sorry for the loss of your mother.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a will
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Use this one, delete the first part of 2a and leave 2b with no will.That should allow you to try and collect it here.

Thanks for your patience.