Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My 89 yr old father is dying. He is in a nice hospice. yrs

Customer Question

My 89 yr old father is dying. He is in a nice hospice. For 6 yrs he livedwith my younger sister and her husband. They sold his home in2012 for $100000.00 under market value. I believe my sister had a 2nd mortgage on her home and she used my dads money to pay off her 1st mortgage. My father get ssi a greatpension from merck where he worked and money from the belgian army. my sisters husband sold all my dads tools and kept all the money. my dad asked him for some and my dad was a\afraid he wouldn't be able to stay there, when my mom died in 2007 my sister took everything and gave me
a box of junk. how can i find out how much my dad has left. do i need a lawyer . i have a copy of my dads will I am listed 1st my sister 2nd
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

You can ask your dad as that would be the only way to know if his funds are being converted to your sister. You should consider hiring an attorney if you feel that anyone is taking funds from your father. You could sue anyone taking the funds for elder abuse and theft.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your time. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.