Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father's death in 01/03/2006 left my mother the house. It

Customer Question

My father's death in 01/03/2006 left my mother the house. It was paid off years before his death. My mother and father were married over 50 years. He took care of all the financial bills. Approximately two/three days after his death three of my older siblings went inside her house and went inside her room and proceeded to cut off the lock to his footlocker. They took his jewelry, old coins/old bills. and all of his paperwork. Which consisted the Deed to the house, Insurance paperwork, Financial paperwork and both my parents Last Wills and anything else that pertained to money and destroyed the rest. Unfortunately I wasn't present at that time.
Now on March 20th of 2006 Two of my older siblings picked mother up and took her to my brother's house and there was a Notary waiting there for her.
Mind you it was only a month and a half after my father's passing. After 50+ years of marriage she was Alone which left her vulnerable, confused, devastated. My brother Robert and Half Sister Theresa wrote up a New Will, A Villegas Family Revocable TRUST and tag teamed her into signing those documents. In the midst of all that paperwork was the Deed to Her House. She told me that she asked them several times what she was singing but they kept insisting for her to sign because they we're going to take care of her and pay all of father's bills. So in her vulnerable state of mind she believed them and signed All the paperwork. It was Notarized and Filed at City Hall. So they OWN HER HOUSE.
THERE IS MUCH MUCH MORE TO THIS STORY. IT GETS WORSE. LAWS HAVE BEEN BROKEN AND ROBERT AND THERESA NEED TOBEBROUGHT TO JUSTICE.
CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS HORRENDOUS CRIME THAT THEY COMMITTED
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What exactly are you asking? For example: (a) is the will valid, or, (b) can I get some of those items back that they took from the home?

2) Is your mother currently living?

3) After your father passed away, was probate filed for his estate?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!