Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

My uncle passed away. I was on s checking account. The only

Customer Question

My uncle passed away. I was on his checking account. The only property he owned was his car. His name only is on it. How do I transfer it to another. He has one daughter, but was not raised by him, was adopted by another man. She waives all rights to his stuff. What needs to be done and what would the cost be? The car is only worth $600.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Missouri has a special process for small estates such as yours. You can transfer title by Small Estate Affidavit. You can find this form at the following link: http://www.missouriprobate.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/missouri.small_.estate-affidavit.form_.pdf . This particular one is for Clay County but this is a state law and a state form, so you can modify this one for your particular county.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!