Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

Three siblings inherited a beach home. All three decided to

Customer Question

Three siblings inherited a beach home. All three decided to keep it, using money of the estate for mortgage, taxes, etc...3 years later, they sold it. One of the siblings moved she and her family in from May 31 - September 5 every year, while the other 2 siblings each used it for 3 weekends every year. ( 6 weekends per year)..does sibling number 1 begin to take her distribution as soon as she moved in? And did she in actuality receive more of a distribution than the other two? I apologize in advance for the winded note. Thank you very, very much
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I'm a little unclear on your question. I'm not sure what you mean by "does sibling number 1 begin to take her distribution as soon as she moved in?" Do you mean that because she occupied the property for longer periods than the others, should the proceeds from the sale of the property be distributed disproportionately in some manner? Thank you!