How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40611
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father died in Quartzsite,AZ without a will. He was in

Customer Question

My father died in Quartzsite,AZ without a will. He was in the middle of a divorce but died before it was finalized. His wife is still alive. The only thing of any value is a piece of property in a mobile home park. It is worth about $20,000. His wife has the property listed for sale. I understand my brothers and I are entitled to half. She doesn't want to share because he named us as beneficiaries on his life insurance policy. How can we make her legally share the profits of the property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.She cannot legally sell it here, as there has been no probate.If she h as it listed contact the realtor telling realtor you have an interest and that you have not agreed to a sale here unless you are paid your legal share.This puts realtor on notice and they will have to either involve you or take it off the market.The wife here cannot sell this here she is not authorized as an executor or administrator.Write the realtor or email them and put them on notice.I might consider doing both.

The realtor has to resolve this or there is no closing.In fact you can argue that there is no valid listing agreement here either.That should protect your rights here, unless probate is filed this isn't going anywhere.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You can also file a realtor complaint.

Thanks again and the best to you.