Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I have inherited a house in Queens from my stepmother along

Customer Question

I have inherited a house in Queens from my stepmother along with with my stepmother's granddaughter we were told that the estate has to be settled in Pennsylvania because she passed away in PA. The attorney that my stepmother Granddaughter hired to handle the estate has had the paperwork since February. She has given a lot of promises in regards ***** ***** the paperwork but it still has not been resolved after several months. After a lot of running around we hired our own attorney to try help us out but we have had no luck with him whatsoever. He keeps saying she's just Making promises about sending the paper work but nothing has been sent. On main issue is regarding to the property taxes on the house in Queens we ask a lawyer about paying the taxes he said no do not pay to taxes because the paper work has not been sorted out. Ps..there is no executor to the will.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you explain what you mean by there is no Executor to the will? When a will is drafted, the testator names someone to serve in the role of Executor...

.

Or is the Executor deceased or unwilling to serve in that role?

.

Has a probate case actually been filed in PA as the primary probate case?

.

Does stepmother have other liquid assets in the estate like bank accounts that could be used to pay the taxes?

.

.

thanks