RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My father is dying and before my mother died she said she

Customer Question

My father is dying and before my mother died she said she set up a trust for us with any new asbestos suits. Is it filed with the courts?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.I am so sorry for your situation here.

You would need a local PA lawyer here to file a civil suit against the sister.The lawyer can seek a court order here for an accounting here and then judgment for any misspent funds.

The lawyer may use a CPA or other expert to review the records and see what misspent funds are involved.You really are going to need a lawyer to force discovery for all that has transpired.

The sister here had a fiduciary duty to not misspend funds and self deal here.She can be removed as POA and held accountable for all of this through the courts.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You can locate a trust/probate lawyer here.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=PA

If your dad deceases here the estate can still pursue this matter.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.