RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

Does a guardianship bond continue if person receives

Customer Question

Does a guardianship bond continue if person receives Medicaid an is placed in a nursing home?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

If there is no longer any financial need for a guardianship you can write the judge asking him to terminate the guardianship and refund the bond.This would be fine here if there is no more need for the guardianship.

Often when they no longer have assets here this is the next step to end the guardianship and get the bond refunded and a closure order.

Your next step here is to write the judge if you were pro se and advise them that the ward went on medicaid and there is no more need for a guardian and ask that the case be closed accordingly.This would then cease the guardianship and get the bond refunded as it would then not be needed any longer..

Sample

Judge ***** *****

Address

Re:Guardianship of ***** *****, Case No.1234

Dear Judge Smith,

This letter is to advise you that the above referenced ward has entered the nursing facility on medicaid by the name of Happy Acres.There is no longer a need for guardianship and I am asking you to close out this case and refund any bond here that was posted.

This should conclude the matter, please let me know if a hearing is required here or anything else.

Sincerely yours,

Your name

Guardian of ***** *****

Something like this feel free to modify it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

See page 17 a letter stating it is no longer needed should suffice as set out above..

http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/policy/social_services/guardianship/guardian%20and%20conservator%20handbook.pdf

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can ;eave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.