Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My wife died 2yrs ago and left money in her credit union

Customer Question

My wife died 2yrs ago and left money in her credit union account. I have a hand written will and a death certificate. I still can not get the credit union to move her account over to mine. I called a probate lawyer and was charged money but was still not able to get her funds changed over to my account. Now I ask for help and I am told it will cost me more money to complete the job at the probate office. All I need is a form or something.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me the total amount of your late wife estate's worth? I ask because the process may be made easier depending on the amount.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.