How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is the executor and sole living beneficiary of her

Customer Question

My wife is the executor and sole living beneficiary of her father's home in his trust. There is no mortgage on the Los Angeles County (CA) home and the home is currently rented. We pay property taxes, water, garbage, gardener and pool service monthly.
Her father died 5 years ago and my wife distributed the assets, as prescribed. Except, she was unfamiliar with how to change the title on the property. At the time of death, the property was appraised for $500k; it is now valued at $650k.
Please guide me/her on exactly how to change the title.
--Can you provide us with the proper documents to execute?
--Will there be a 'penalty' or added fee for the late change?
--How can we make this title change simply and expeditiously?
Do you have enough information to respond?
Please be very specific with your answer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Neither I nor anyone else can provide you with a step-by-step guide to perform the change of title, because a real property deed must be carefully reviewed so that a new deed can be correctly prepared. If you want specifics, we would have to take the matter offline and formalize an attorney-client relationship.

I can give you the general steps, which, if you are able to fill-in-the blanks yourself, would operate to successfully transfer the property. Please let me know if that will be acceptable -- or, if you want to take the matter offline.

Thanks in advance for your confidence and for usingg Justanswer!

Related Estate Law Questions