ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Cost of a simple trust i.e.some $, and house

Customer Question

cost of a simple trust i.e.some $, and house
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

The costs really depend on how much you want to do for yourself. A trust done by an attorney can start at around $800 (even for a simple one) as there would need to be a deed drafted. The way that one "funds" the trust is to put the property into the name of the trust. Real estate would actually be transferred by deed from you to the trust, which requires the drafting of an entirely separate deed and filing with the county records (as well as the trust documentation itself).

Now that being said, you can do this on your own for a lot cheaper. Here are some forms that are based on Arizona law for creation of trusts (you can scroll down to see which one applies to you, such as married with children, married without, single, etc...): http://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-bin/forms/continue-category.pl?nX47BhCB6tye6tJmgmr26tX47BhCB6tye6tAh4mapArKooAhvooooxWqReS

As you can see from that website, the do-it-yourself option would be a lot cheaper ($40-$50 for the trust, and around $15-$20 for the property record and notices), and while these forms have instructions on how to fill them out, where to keep them, etc... it would still be on you to make sure that the trust is done correctly. It's unlikely that you would have any problems if you were to use this option, but it is a possibility so that's something that you would want to keep in mind.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.