Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My father passed away in May of 2014. In s will he left my

Customer Question

My father passed away in May of 2014. In his will he left my sister and I each "10% of the value of the residence in tucson". But, my stepmom did something, and now we are just seeming to get a different sum and theres no mention of that clause in the document handed me latest. then, final distribution was to be in july of this year. no papers have been gotten to me, and the banker and atty are avoiding my calls. what do I do?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

The will is clear on your bequest and this needs to be followed. The only issue is value, which should have been measured and applied to all beneficiaries. If the attorney is not responding, consider these 2 options:

1. having your own lawyer send a letter demanding a breakdown of value and amounts paid.

2. asking the court to intervene and obtain this information

3. asking the court to distribute and redistribute based on a fair market value and an accounting of all funds.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if that is clear and helpful.