Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

I am the administrator of my fathers intestate estate in

Customer Question

I am the administrator of my fathers intestate estate in PA., can I sell the house for $1 without any problems from my siblings. or can they protest it?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

They can certainly protest it and, even worse, if you sell it for $1 they can sue you personally for doing so later. An adminstrator/executor of an estate has a fiduciary duty to the estate to do what is in the estate's best interest and that would include getting the highest price possible for any property.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't mean they will win but they can definitely protest and they can definitely pursue you individually.