Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My brother died on May 4 th a year and a half ago. He was

Customer Question

My brother died on May 4 th a year and a half ago . He was residing with my mother who sustained a stroke shortly after he came to live with her approximately 6?years ago . There was an issue over poa and health care proxy - since my brothers death I was made poa and my sister who resides in Florida as well . My brother in California is not included. I moved back home to assist in the care of my mother, take care of my 8 year old son, and recently obtained legal guardianship of my 6 year old granddaughter. I am a registered nurse and growing up always believed that we should take care of our parents. I'm receiving a lot of calls from people my mother grew up with from the islands asking me about who takes care of mom and who else lives there. If my mother has not updated her will and is often difficult when discussing this matter upon her death can I be thrown out ?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

No, if you are included as a beneficiary on your mother's will at the time of death, you will remain a beneficiary and entitled to whatever the will states you are entitled to.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.