Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

I have a time share at Kauai beach villas, in 2013 we payed

Customer Question

I have a time share at Kauai beach villas, in 2013 we payed our maint dues at the end of april 2013. turned in our week and received our 92000 points and used them for mexico and another trip all in 2013 and 2014. They sent us to collections ( ASPEN ) told Aspen I didn't owe them anything. did not get my maint bill in the beging of 2015 called Kauai beach villas and told them I didn't receive it and they said that I have to pay Aspen first 550.00. now I just received a bill from Aspen for 2551.73. Can you help ?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps negotiating it significantly to 10 cents on the dollar would be a good result. Explain to Aspen that you are not obligated to pay anything but willing to resolve the issue for 251 dollars Otherwise, Aspen would be in violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act if they fail to explain why you owe the amount you owe and do not itemize all costs for you to review. Unfortunately by not paying it Aspen could report this to the credit reporting agencies which would lower your credit score. However, if the debt is not owed, that would also be a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

I hope that helped. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Please ask any follow-up questions. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.