RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My father died in 1999, he had a living trust with about

Customer Question

my father died in 1999 , he had a living trust with about $400,000 and life insurance , my sister has been in hiding to keep everything for herself , as far as i can tell the estate or whatever you call it hasnt ever gone to probate. what can i do?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

In your case you will have to file suit against the sister.Your lawyer would use skip trace and other legal means to locate her for service of the suit.The sister if she was the trustee had a fiduciary duty to you which she breached by failing to disburse you your share of the trust.You can get a judgment here including legal fees and then proceed to collect it from her.

You may try to get lawyer to take this contingent fee which means you do not pay until recovery.This is your means to try and force her to pay you your share of the inherited funds.You have great facts here to do so.

Lawyer referral..

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS.aspx

I appreciate the chance to help; you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

There are many skip tracing services, here is one example to help you locate her.

http://www.skiptracepros.com/