Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

Our mother the owner, xxxxxxxxxxx EST left the nine of her

Customer Question

Our mother the owner, xxxxxxxxxxx EST left the nine of her siblings equal share of the land with a house on the land and my older brother in care of keeping the tax paid by dividing between the nine of us. Our mother all ways said let my name stay on the tax assessors paper as the owner, xxxxxxxxxxxb EST at the top C/O xxxxxxxxxx to make sure the tax is paid on time, All of the nine siblings knows that before mother died she told me to add my name to the tax paper in case of something might happy like illness or deft in the family. Our mother left a will stated that the EST will be left for all of our siblings and grandchildren for generation and generation, But my oldest brother had the paper change after our mother died and put his name as the owner pleas help. We have our mother will with daddy and mother at the bottom.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your brother changing the will after death is fraud and a criminal offense. So if that is what occurred you need to file a complaint with the police regarding his criminal act. Also, because there are multiple heirs, you would need a probate attorney to go to probate court and present proof of your brother's criminal act and they can invalidate the transfer of any property he received.