Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

What is the penalty influence in Kansas? If I can show that

Customer Question

What is the penalty for undue influence in Kansas? If I can show that a man took my parents entire estate despite the instructions left in their will what can happen? Obviously, the return of the estate to the heirs but is that all? I heard somewhere that the penalty is usually the amount they was taken...
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The penalty for undue influence in KS is that everything they took would have to be restored to the estate and they could be liable for up to triple damage as punitive damage if it was malicious and in bad faith as well as attorney's fees. There are only civil penalties for such conduct, but it would restore what was improperly taken from the estate.