How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116298
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the penalty influence in Kansas? If I can show that

Customer Question

What is the penalty for undue influence in Kansas? If I can show that a man took my parents entire estate despite the instructions left in their will what can happen? Obviously, the return of the estate to the heirs but is that all? I heard somewhere that the penalty is usually the amount they was taken...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The penalty for undue influence in KS is that everything they took would have to be restored to the estate and they could be liable for up to triple damage as punitive damage if it was malicious and in bad faith as well as attorney's fees. There are only civil penalties for such conduct, but it would restore what was improperly taken from the estate.

Related Estate Law Questions