RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I do not own any property. I do have a 401k, an IRA, a TDA,

Customer Question

I do not own any property. I do have a 401k, an IRA, a TDA, and a money market account. I`m getting a Pension and Social Security. Do I need an Estate Plan?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

No you can do this yourself pretty simply.Make sure you have right of survivorship or named beneficiary for your accounts.They then pass directly to the person or persons name.

I would do a simple will.It may not be necessary but it protects you if say you inherit something or otherwise end up with something needing probate and the will.

Also if you have paid for car you should be able to do a right of survivorship on that at DMV as well.

This really would take care of your estate here.

Make a list of assets here with account numbers, if you have life the name of the company and anything else.Keep a copy of this in your safety box or papers, give copy to your executor or heirs so they will have it.

I think this should take care of all.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

You can get will forms here which you can complete yourself and sign in front of notary and witnesses.

http://www.uslegalforms.com/wills/

Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I`m satisfied with your response, but I do not want a monthly membership for your service, so please cancel it.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

No problem if you will just rate the stars here, five stars for excellent this should take care of it.Thanks again.