Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
84496330

My closing date is oct. 2nd. Imust be out by Nov 19th. The

Customer Question

My closing date is oct. 2nd. Imust be out by Nov 19th. The buyer wants to delay closing untilNov2nd with me out Nov 19th and the option to back out within 3 days after closing. I would not be paid until after that 3 days. He has offered $10,000 as earnest money. He also states that the 3 day option is his right under Alabama law. This smells fishy to me and it scares me. My health is poor and I will be dependent on relatives to move my things. ic
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

So do you already have a written contract and the buyer is offering $10,000 to extend the closing date by 1 month and add an option to rescind the contract?

Are you still there?