Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

If I have terminated my contract with my Realtor in Colorado

Customer Question

If I have terminated my contract with my Realtor in Colorado to sell my house and we had a contract to purchase another house which fell through but then the buyer contacted us last week to see if we were still interested in the house do I have to include the Realtor that I terminated with as this will be a new contract offer
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I may have some bad new - yes - the Realtor does have to be contacted.

I am going to assume a standard representation contract was used. If so, the Realtor still stands to receive a fee if the sale is to any buyer who became engaged though the Realtor's work on the sale.

So even if the contract with the Realtor was terminated, if the buyer ends up being a prior party that the Realtor engaged with, then the Realtor may claim the fee.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!