RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My uncle appointed me s POA and Executor. Recently I had an

Customer Question

My uncle appointed me his POA and Executor. Recently I had an altercation with his girlfriend. Since that time I received the following notarized letter: This letter is to serve as notice that I Clayton Hinegardner, as of this date September 16, 2015,
hereby remove Marcia L. Wills as my Power of Attorney. Therefore, Marcia L. Wills no has the power, or authority to act on my behalf personally, or professionally to include but not limited to any decisions concerning my Health, Wealth or Estate. Is this letter
valid and does it remove me as his executor?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

It is valid to revoke the POA if it is recorded in the county deed records or any banks, etc.It does not affect you as executor.He would have to change his will for that to occur.So you may yet be his executor here.This only revokes the POA.And he may do a new POA so at some point he may put you back in.

But he may only change the executor by changing the will.If he doesn't do that you can still be the executor if oyu are named in the will.This does not affect that here in Virginia.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.