Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

DOES ALL CHILDREN HAVE TO SIGN AFTER THE PARENTS DEATH EVEN

Customer Question

DOES ALL CHILDREN HAVE TO SIGN AFTER THE PARENTS DEATH EVEN IF ONE IS LEFT OUT OF THE WILL??
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

Have to sign what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sign any documents before the will and probate be settled
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

There is no requirement in the code that anyone sign off on anything. it is becoming more common to ask the heirs to do so before the inheritance is released but if you aren't inheriting anything then there is no way to make you sign off or any reason for you to do so.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.