Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

My husband's sister and husband lived in s grandmothers

Customer Question

My husband's sister and husband lived in his grandmothers house....his sister had a will starting that when something happened the house went to my husband since it was his grandmothers house.....his sister passed away and her husband stayed in the house until he passed away a few months ago....now his family id's selling the house....is there a way to stop that until a will can be produced?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, file a petition with the probate court asking the court to enjoin any transfer of the property until the will is produced and probated. Along with filing the petition, file a lis pendens (which is just a fancy name for a lien in this situation) against the property which will indicate to any prospective purchaser that there is a suit involving ownership of the property and will prevent any purchaser becoming a bona fide third party purchaser by buying the property. This will insure that the property is not sold while your petition is being adjudicated by the court.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Jody-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/estate-law/9bjku-husband-s-sister-husband-lived-grandmothers-house-his.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.