Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 yrs of professional experience.
16823287

From Kansas my brouth passed away and left everything to s

Customer Question

from Kansas my brouth passed away and left everything to his and nothing to his daughter
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)!

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information for your educational purposes only;

(B) No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with a JA expert;

(C) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney of your choice in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given by a JA expert;

(D) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating as initially I may still be getting more information from you to formulate a better answer; and

(E) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then please know that I make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you accept, understand and agree to these terms.

1. Can you please give us more background facts and state your specific legal question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my brother had been pretty sick and his son if he had hos way his sister wouldn't get a dimeOn all the paper it say 100% to his son
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you are saying that your brother has a Will and he left everything to your nephew and nothing to your niece. Unless there is some type of fraud, forgery, duress or mental incapacity invloved, your brother has a legal right to make a Will in this manner.

If there is some evidence of duress or mental incapacity, then you can challenge the Will in probate court; but this is very expensive and most attorneys will not get involved unless there is a lot of money at stake.

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.