RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My mother past away 1 year ago. she was in a converleson

Customer Question

my mother past away 1 year ago. she was in a converleson home. medicare ane blue shield payed all her bills.
i have being sent a bill for $3500.00 every month since she past. I dont understand why I am been exspected to pay this.
I dont know why Iam expected to paythis bill.
than you for your time m r sorell
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

The nursing home is wrong.Only her estate is liable here.If she had no assets and no probate then the debt here is uncollectible.You should write them one last time and tell them she died insolvent and no probate is planned.Again if she has no assets and she likely did not then they have no claim here in California.

You have no liability to pay and should not do so.The home needs to close out their files once you notify them she died insolvent and there is no estate.Once you do that throw any other notices from then in the trash.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.Thanks again.