Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

MY MOTHER HAS BEEN A COURT ORDERED OF THE STATE OF CONN

Customer Question

MY MOTHER HAS BEEN A COURT ORDERED WARD OF THE STATE OF CONN SINCE 2012.
SHE WILL PROBABLY EXPIRE BY FRIDAY. CREMATION COSTS APPOX.$3800. THE STATE
CONSERVATOR SAID SHE IS ELIGIBLE FOR $1400. AS A SURVIVOR AM I LEGALLY
RESPONSIBLE TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. No, you should not be. Heirs are not liable for the costs of a funeral and such associated expenses of the deceased. The decease's estate is, but the heirs personally are not.