Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My wife was my conservatore and she has filed her final

Customer Question

My wife was my conservatore and she has filed her final accounting and she has been dismissed. I have not excepted the final accounting yet. What takes presedence over bills being paid regarding my final accounting? I get social security and it says the
money can only go towards my needs. The conservatorship says my money can go towards my wifes needs such as education and for the kids needs. The kids do get social security. So my question is which takes presedence over my money spent... social security rules
or conservatorship rules?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Social security would take precedence if it were inconsistent with state law conservatorship rules because federal social security laws take precedence over inconsistent state laws.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer is confusing...could you please rephrase it?

Federal law takes precedence. Federal social security rules take precedence over conservatorship rules.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in court regarding the final conservatorship and how money was spent, this would come into play?

What would come into play?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a judge take this into his decision making that Social security takes precidence over all accounting and how it was spent?

Yes, the judge should take that into consideration.