Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am one of 6 beneficiaries that inherited money from a

Customer Question

I am one of 6 beneficiaries that inherited money from a living trust 8 years ago. After researching I see that there are still unclaimed monies that the State of Texas is holding for claim. Would it be to my benefit to claim this or would I have to share with the other 5 beneficiaries? The State of Texas wants copies of the trust and death certificates for them which I will have a hard time obtaining. Or is this just a waste of time and would cost too much for an attorney's help?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I see no downside in pursuing. Find out amount and how titled. The only issue is how split. For that need to get information on the asset. Consider having a lawyer pursue after confirm value. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.