Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

My significant other died intestate in November, 2014. I was

Customer Question

My significant other died intestate in November, 2014. I was living with him and am still in his home as the estate has not been settled as yet. The attorney hired to administer his estate is now telling me that I am responsible for paying the "lien" on this house. How is that possible? The loan company will not speak with me; the attorney left me a voicemail stating that I am holding up the transfer of the house to the 2 brothers and I am not seeing a "lien" on this house when checking the county auditor's website. Where do I go from here?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Is this lien related to a mortgage on the house that your significant other owned alone? Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Just following to make sure you received my request for a bit more information? Let me know if I need to re-post it! Thanks.