Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

I have been searching a year or more to help answer my

Customer Question

good afternoon, I have been searching for over a year or more for someone to help answer my question. I was given 83,000.00 by grandmother in 1989. with this being said, I put a downpayment of 70,000.00 down on a home large enough to accommodate myself, husband , 4 children, and a sick grandmother. I don't know how to obtain a record from a bank after all these years, but the attorney and the judge, decided that because I did this, it was marital property.. in was an inheritance given to me. can someone help me or guide my as to find financial information on my former spouse, I know that he has money hidden, and the attorney did nothing but side with ex, and influence me under duress to sign the papers. the ex even lied in a deposition, and my attorney accepted his answer, is this right ? PLEASE, SOME HELP ME, OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO TRACE THESE ASSETS
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Is any type of probate or any other form of litigation currently pending?
2) Have you attempted to use a private investigator or a forensic accountant? You stated that you contacted them; but did you actually use them?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.