Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

My mother passed away Feb 2 2013. She property owner Quick

Customer Question

my mother passed away Feb 2 2013. She property owner Quick Claimed from my Father who passed away March 19, 2010. My mother had no will. She wrote in her hand writing that she wanted me to have the house free and clear. She defined address, unit number, city, state and zip code. She signed it and had it witnessed. Now my sister is stating thatt my dad's will which was executed when he died giving everything to my mother. My sister is applying pressure stating I have to sell and move out. Can she do this legally?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

I'm a little confused by one of your statements. You state "She property owner Quick Claimed from my Father who passed away March 19, 2010".

I assume you are referring to a Quitclaim Deed but can you explain who signed the Quitclaim Deed and when?