Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

My name is yolanda stowe and me and my mom name was on the

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** and me and my mom name was on the grant deed of the house that my mom and dad owned together. My dad is deceased and my ne is on the property with my mom. My nephew tricked my mom to sign some documents and my name was forged and my name is ***** ***** grant deed howcdo i get my name back on. My mom was not aware of this and we both are in agreement for my name to be back on the property.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Whose name (or names) are now on the deed to the property?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mom and nephew. It should be me and my mom
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if your name was forged on the deed and you never actually signed it, then you would have to file a "quiet title" suit against nephew on the grounds that he forged the deed and that it was void due to the forgery. The judge can then set it aside as there should be a notary stamp on the signature lines for the new deed and the notary would be able to testify that you never signed it and they were tricked into notarizing it by the nephew.

.

This can also be charged as a felony fraud since a deed is an legal document so you could pursue a criminal complaint for fraud and forgery with the local DA to have him prosecuted.

.

If you didn't want to jump right to that, you could contact nephew through an attorney and basically threaten to pursue civil and criminal complaints against him unless he agreed to sign a new deed transferring his interest back to you.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u recommend a lawyer in the los angeles,ca area.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need foreign counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

You would be looking for a civil litigation or real estate law attorney.

.

.

thanks