RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I am in Central Ohio. In order to prove my case I need my

Customer Question

I am in Central Ohio. In order to prove my case I need my mother's financial banking and loan information. Executor was POA and I will not communicate with me to my concerns. What are my options if I cant afford an attorney. She used the proceeds of sale of Moms and to pay a loan over 50,000. How can I protect my rights as a person in my mothers will.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You would have to subpoena the records as an heir/party under the probate case.The court clerk will have these subpoena forms.You subpoena the custodian of the records of the bank.You would want to contact the court to set a hearing on the financial matters.You do this by writing the judge,Once the court sets the hearing then you get the subpoena from the court clerk and serve it on the bank.

The bank brings the records to hearing and the court should allow you time to review the records.This is the only way to force them top produce the records.

Summary

Write the judge ask for a hearing on this matter of banking records.Subpoena the custodian of records of the bank.You can call the bank and get this name for your subpoena, everybody has one.

Sample subpoena

http://www.mcohio.org/government/probate/docs/Form_6_5_Subpoena.pdf

You can get these through probate court and the probate judge.

I wish you the best here.I am so sorry you have had to go through all of this.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I am assuming the mother has deceased here and the matter is still in probate.