Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor. I run my own practice that specializes in Estate Preparation and Administration
18572087

If I understand correctly I can just walk away. Are their

Customer Question

If I understand correctly I can just walk away. Are their legal papers that I have to fill out? Who pays to remove her manufactured home? I do not want this to come back and haunt me next year.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and thank you kindly for requesting me to assist you again.

No, you do not have to file anything. If you never accepted the funds, there is nothing to file. To protect yourself just in case you can fill out a signed affidavit stating that you as heir formally 'repudiate' and refuse your share from the estate, but nobody will ask to see it.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.