Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

I want to know if I can find out if my husband had a child

Customer Question

Hi, I want to know if I can find out if my husband had a child in the past? Can I find it if the child has his name as his father in the birth certificate?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, this is no easy task. If your husband will not tell you if he has another child, you can check birth certificate records, which are public records, for anyone with the same last name. The other way to check is an online search and searching of social media (depending on the age of the child). If the child does not have his last name though, this task can be impossible because there would be no other way to locate the child.