Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I am 65. I have a simple will that leaves equal shares to my

Customer Question

I am 65. I have a simple will that leaves equal shares to my 3 Children. We are not talking about a lot of money here. I have $250K in a brokerage account, and am to receive another $250K from my Fathers Estate, when my Step Mother passes. She is only 10 years older than I am, so I may predecease her.
There is no way my three children are responsible enough to handle and manage any money. My thoughts were to set up a revocable trust with disbursements in the future. I also need advice on the management of the Brokerage account at my passing. Thanks, Gerry
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Is the goal to put the money from the brokerage into the trust?