Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

81 year old male was declared a of the state last year so

Customer Question

81 year old male was declared a ward of the state last year so nursing home could gain access to his funds. son lived in Los Angeles daughter lives here but has mental disorder (bipolar and schisprehenic) mildly. Both were petitioning court for guardianship. They were told that he did not want them to be his guardian nor myself. However, they claimed that he was incompetent/dementia. He had recently got his driver license renewed which was revoked by the state shortly thereafter. Mail come here. Court made him a ward of the state last October. He died over a week ago at the VA hospital. Son was notified by case manager. Said she would be out of office for several days and then he could contact her. Who is in charge now? What's is my children next step?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma
Sorry...what do you mean who is in charge?