Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

My father in law died and left a will. i do not understand

Customer Question

my father in law died and left a will. i do not understand some of the readings in the will. it states my husband was left money in his sister names to care for him. yet my sister inlaw said because my mother in law is still alive , she gets the money.
. can i talk to a lawyer regarding how to read a will..i can type in word for word on the paragraph. why would the will be written and pass to us if the money was not meant for us. there was an individual will written for all six members of the family.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

THis is much to complicated to Answer in this format of back and forth questions. The bot***** *****ne is that you need to consult a local probate attorney who can review the documents. I can offer direct contact through our Additional Services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you anyways
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
THe only thing I can say from this distance is that the wills may have left everything to his wife first. Then there may be provisions which start by saying "if my wife does not survive me". If wife survives, then those "contingent" bequests nullified. Does this help?