ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

My grandmother and grandfather both passed away, my

Customer Question

My grandmother and grandfather both passed away, my grandfather has children from his first wife, and my grandmother at the time only had two girls but my mother which was the oldest girl passed away so my grandmother have one girl that's living. My grandmother all so have grand kids which me and my brother is the first born of all the grand kids, and i'm the first born of all the grand kids, but my brother passed after my grandmother. So i lost my grandmother, mother and Brother. My mother sister moved her daughter which she's is the youngest grand daughter of my grandmother into my grandmother's house before my grandmother passed away without discussing with me by me being my mother's
heir and the first grand child of my grandmother. I need to know what's my rights are here in the State of Texas.
Thanks!
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Did your grandmother have a will? Did your grandfather pass before or after your grandmother, and did he have a will?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My grandfather was the first to pass, both has a Will, his kids is apartt of the house and my grandmother kids is apart of the house as once she passed., but my mother passed before my grandmother, did. Now they both are gone.

So to be clear, the will specifies that your grandmother distributed her estate to "her kids", or did she specify which children the property was distributed to?

I see it's been a long time since you've responded. Did you want to continue with this question?