Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

I was involved in a legal battle (on the respondant's side)

Customer Question

I was involved in a legal battle (on the respondant's side) in which the Plaintiff's prevailed (the case is now being appealed). The Plaintiff's lawyers are seeking that we pay their fees (over $1Million). In cases such as these, which side pays lawyer's fees (in California), the winners or losers? Thank you
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Either the court will order each side to pay their own or the court will order the "loser" to pay.