Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

I have been going to my property the same way years, now

Customer Question

I have been going to my property the same way for 30 years, now that there is a new owner he says I can no longer go this way. what are my options?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

You can file a suit seeking an easement to use the same route. Also, keep using the same route as you have used it for the past 30 years to ascertain if the neighbor will cooperate. if not, he only option is to file a claim to legally solidify the easement in gross of easement by necessity that will be recorded with the county recorder.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.