Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My parents were pretty well off. Leaving a estate of 4-5

Customer Question

My parents were pretty well off. Leaving a estate of 4-5 million. I received lots of money from my parents over the years. My brother did also in different ways since my dad had drilling rigs pulling trucks and semis. Rick my brother had a lot of that gifted to him with it looking like it wasn't.
My Dad died in 2008 and so he started to buy the trucking company from my mom. There were 2 trusts mom's and dad's. My parents set it up in 1991 that their accountant be the executor of the estate. That was how it was to be. Through my mom's 60s though she had mental illness. In small town it Was hard to get her help. So I am in Colorado I was told not come all of the time and it is a terrible family situation. So my brother got power of attorney about 2 years before she died. When it came time that she was going to pass my sister on law kept telling my kids that she wasn't bad. Literally hours before she passed my brother although I know it was the sister in law went in and and wrote a amendment on their own didn't potion the court just did it. Wrote Dave out as the executor and wrote me out of receiving 8,000.00 a month on my mom's side. She died Feb 20 they did this Feb 19th. They were more concerned with this. They feel they can rewrite the trust add up what was given me and deduct. The initials on that document look like my sister in laws not my brothers. This is Wyoming law. They also refuse to give first and second quarter balance sheets which they are required. After a year full accounting.
In Colorado people I talk to about it say it's a felony tampering with legal documents. I think it is like right their that I go to the deputy
DA. It is such a small town it operates on a good boy system. I don't want to do that unless.i know without a doubt that a felony has been committed. Very nasty. My Dad and Mom would just be furious that this had happened and oh man. Especially since their accountant has had to get legal representation from them.
Thank you, *****
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. So what is it that you wish to happen here, as a beneficiary. Do you want to remove the current trustee? Get the accounting? Sue the accountant for not using fiduciary duty, for example? Etc.
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.