Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

What is the executor compensation in the state of georgia

Customer Question

what is the executor compensation in the state of georgia
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
First, one looks at the WILL, if there is one. If there is a Will and it contains instructions on what the Executor should receive for compensation, then it controls.
If there is no Will, then the default statutory law applies, which is:
Georgia Code - Wills, Trusts & Estates - Title 53, Section 53-6-60
(b) If the personal representative´s compensation is not specified in the will or any separate written agreement, the personal representative for services rendered shall be entitled to compensation equal to:
(1) Two and one-half percent commission on all sums of money received by the personal representative on account of the estate, except on money loaned by and repaid to the personal representative, and 2 1/2 percent commission on all sums paid out by the personal representative, either for debts, legacies, or distributive shares;
(2) Ten percent commission on the amount of interest made if, during the course of administration, the personal representative shall receive interest on money loaned by the personal representative in that capacity and shall include the same on the return to the probate court so as to become chargeable therewith as a part of the corpus of the estate;

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.