Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor. I run my own practice that specializes in Estate Preparation and Administration
18572087

Property Deeds....Father, son & daughter on deed...father

Customer Question

Property Deeds....Father, son & daughter on deed...father passes away - no will, daughter passes away - will leaves all assets to 3 children. When daughter passes away, does title go solely to son, or son and daughter's 3 children?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Under intestate laws the title goes to the son and the daughter's 3 children. The children all share one share of the title UNLESS this deed has a 'survivorship' clause. This clause is highly unlikely because it is generally a clause that is put in place on property that is owned by spouses, and not by parties who own this 'in common'.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.