ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Does the beneficiary have a right to trust creators

Customer Question

Does the beneficiary have a right to trust creators brokerage statements one year prior to his death?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

It depends on the type of trust and when it was created. That is, if the trust was a "testamentary" trust and created at the time of the individual's death, then the accounting at that time would be what was relevant. If it was "inter vivos" (created during the life of the settlor) then the accounting right that the beneficiary could have would be up to the creation of the trust.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not an answerjust another qestion.

I'm sorry?

If you want a "yes/no" answer, that would be that that there is no categorical right for a beneficiary to question what a trust creator did prior to death. But my point is that there IS a right to question anything during the term of the trust. So if the person that set up the trust did so before his death and before a year prior to his death, then in that situation the beneficiary could question it. Does that clear things up?

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!