Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
I'd be glad to discuss this with you but I want to make sure that you understand and agree to how the rating system works. The experts here have no control over whether the law is in your favor or not, all we can do is provide a correct answer. However, some customers get upset if the law isn't what they want to hear and either don't rate or issue a negative rating even though we are doing our job by providing a correct response.
I need to you to answer a few questions and we can continue forward, operating under the understanding of how the rating system works. If this isn't agreeable just let me know.
1) Did your step father adopt you?
2) Did your mother leave a will? If so, to who did she leave her property?
3) Did your step father? If so, to who did he leave his property?
4) Is the "death benefits" an insurance policy or a retirement/benefits policy?
5) Did your mother's policy specifically name a beneficiary?