Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

Born in Portugal. 8 years old when I came to US and became

Customer Question

Born in Portugal. 8 years old when I came to US and became citizen. Uncle died left will small inheritance. Azores wants me to register first marriage ,divorce, new marriage. Know anyway to get around this. I am 62 years old . I am an American.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Why do you want to get around the law? Why not give them the information they ask for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I got charged for?. Time. That's the answer. Only one Portuguese consulate in San Francisco. First marriage has to be registered with Azores. About 2 to 3 months to do that. Than divorce has to be done by a lawyer in Portugal. Than second marriage sent to SF consulate for another 2 to 3 months. 2 other parties can not get their part without me. So now what do you think. I better not get charged again!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I can't give you any information on Portuguese inheritance law other than what you already know. If no one else answers you, you can contact our customer service and ask for a refund.